The son of a lawyer, and a native Oklahoman, Norman criminal attorney Matt Swain grew up with a passion for the law and a commitment to justice. As an attorney, his commitment to helping people through the most difficult times they may ever face is evident in the personal, one-on-one attention he provides to each client. He handles each case personally and ensures his clients understand all their options and how their case is progressing. Mr. Swain always returns phone calls and email promptly because he understands the stress and anxiety that comes with being either a plaintiff in a civil case or a defendant in a criminal case.
Matt Swain received his undergraduate degree from Wake Forest University and his law degree from the University of Oklahoma. During his time at the University of Oklahoma, Mr. Swain spent a year working at the Oklahoma County District Attorney’s Office, spending time in both the White Collar Division and on one of the General Felony teams. After leaving the Oklahoma County District Attorney’s Office, Mr. Swain worked at the Criminal Defense Clinic located within the OU College of Law. Here, Attorney Matt Swain defended clients charged with a wide range of crimes, encompassing both felonies and misdemeanors.
After graduating from law school and passing the Oklahoma Bar, Matt Swain founded the Matt Swain Law Firm.
Areas of Practice
- Criminal defense
- White collar crimes
- Oklahoma, 2009
- U.S. District Court Western District of Oklahoma, 2015
- University of Oklahoma College of Law, Norman, Oklahoma
- J.D. – 2009
- Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem, North Carolina
- B.A. – 2006
Honors and Awards
- OU Legal Clinic Criminal Defense Attorney of the Year, 2009
- Kelly Beardslee Award for Outstanding Criminal Defense Student, 2009
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Oklahoma Criminal Defense Lawyers Association (OCDLA), 2009 – Present
- Cleveland County Bar Association, 2009 – Present
Past Employment Positions
- Oklahoma County District Attorney’s Office, Legal Intern