Zachary Hale Simmons
Zack was born and raised in Goldsby, Oklahoma, where he attended Washington public schools. Zack received his undergraduate degree from Wichita State University, where he played on the men’s basketball team. He then received his law degree from the University of Oklahoma. While at OU, Zack interned at the City of Norman Municipal Court and the Cleveland County District Attorney’s office.
In 2009, Zack was hired as an Assistant District Attorney in Cleveland County, where he remained until June of 2016. In his time as an Assistant District Attorney, Zack prosecuted virtually every type of criminal case ranging from misdemeanor DUI to first-degree murder. During this time, Zack was the prosecutor in over 20 jury trials and countless preliminary hearings and non-jury trials. In addition, he authored and argued numerous successful motions to the Court.
From 2015 to 2016, Zack was assigned the Major Crimes Drug Docket in Cleveland County. In this position, he routinely handled both drug trafficking and possession with intent charges. From 2011 to 2016, Zack was also the Assistant District Attorney assigned to Cleveland County Drug Court. In his time in Drug Court, Zack more than doubled the size of the program.
Zack also taught the subjects of Weapons Law, The Laws of Arrest and Legal Research and Writing to cadets at the Oklahoma City Police Department Academy and the Norman Police Academy. In 2015, Zack received the 2014 – 2015 Crime Stoppers Assistant District Attorney of the Year award.
Areas of Practice
- Criminal defense
- Personal injury
- 100% of practice devoted to litigation
- Oklahoma, 2009
- University of Oklahoma College of Law, Norman, Oklahoma
- J.D. – 2009
- Honors: Dean’s Honor Roll – Fall 2006, 2007 & 2008
- Wichita State University
- B.S. magna cum laude – 2006
- Major: Criminal Justice
- Weapons Law, Oklahoma City Police Academy, 2013 – 2016
- Laws of Arrest & Weapons Law, Norman Police Academy, 2013 – 2016
Honors and Awards
- Crime Stoppers Assistant District Attorney of the Year, 2014 – 2015
Professional Associations and Memberships
- National Association of Drug Court Professionals, Member, 2011 – 2016
- Association of Oklahoma Narcotic Enforcers, Member, 2013 – 2016
Past Employment Positions
- Cleveland County District Attorney, Assistant District Attorney, 2008 – 2016
- City of Norman Municipal Court, Intern, 2007 – 2008
- Guest Attorney Speaker for U.S. Law Shield regarding The Castle Doctrine